Nokia phones: “Not allowed” or “Cannot undo restriction” problem solved.
If you are receiving the message “Not allowed” or “Cannot Undo Restriction” on your Nokia phones while trying to unlock it you will require the following:
- A USB Cable for your Nokia phone and the USB drivers – most modern computers should pick it up automatically.
- A small software application (Nokia BB5 Utility) that you can download from HERE.
Nokia BB5 Utility – screen shot
Once you have all of these, follow the directions below:
- Switch on your phone without a sim card. You should be prompted to ‘Start Phone Without SIM Card’ or similar. Click ‘Accept’ or ‘OK’. which will take your phone to offline mode.
- Now connect your locked Nokia phone to the PC or laptop using the USB port and the USB cable. Your phone will display several options such as ‘PC Suite Mode’, ‘Mass Storage Mode‘ or similar. Don’t select any options but stay on the same screen.
- Start the ‘Nokia BB5 Utility‘ application (as shown in the above picture) you downloaded earlier and click on the ‘READ INFO’ drop-down selection in the options then click “DO JOB” button. The application should display several lines of information in the area below. If it says “not found” replug your phone into the usb port, and then select ‘READ INFO’ again.
- If the application still displays ‘Not Found’, your USB drivers are not correctly installed. In this case you will need to uninstall, then re-install the USB drivers. If you still experience problems try an alternative USB Port on the PC or Laptop. DO NOT move on to the next step until you have successfully installed the USB drivers and the software can read the information from the phone.
- The next step is to make sure you check the ‘Check For Fbus’ checkbox – click on it to make sure you see the tick-mark . Also make sure the ‘Level (1-7)’ drop-down selection is set to the appropriate carrier level as below:
- For ROGERS AND FIDO use +7 or +1
- For all Telus devices use +5 or +1
- For all UK devices use +1
- For all Tmobile USA devices use +1
The next step is to enter the unlocking code in the application – for the unlock to work you will need a valid unlock code which you can get it from here. You will be provided with the unlock code in numbers only. Enter the unlock code received from us into the ‘Unlock Code (15 digits)’ field in the application.
Click on the ‘Send Unlock Code’ drop-down selection in the options and click “DO JOB” button. The application should confirm that your Nokia phone is now unlocked.