Have you ever wanted to unlock your blackberry storm 2 but didn’t know how to go about it, in this post we give you a step-by-step guide on where to get an unlocking code what to do with it once you have it and how to sort out any problems you may have. Ever wanted to unlock your blackberry storm but thought that it was too technical, well in this post we shatter the myth and show you that unlocking your blackberry storm really is child’s play. The BlackBerry Storm 2, released in 2009, was the second smartphone from Research In Motion to feature a full touchscreen. Unlike the original Storm, the Storm 2 has WiFi capability and a friendlier user interface.
Many if not all network operators lock there BlackBerry phones in order to force customer loyalty
Depending on your country and cell phone carrier, your Storm 2 may be SIM locked. To unlock a BlackBerry cell phone, all you need is a SIM card that’s not associated with your current carrier, and the specific phone unlocking codes associated with the unique phones you’re unlocking.
You can try and get an unlock code from your network operator but don’t hold your breath
It’s possible that your carrier will give you the free codes for unlocking the mobile phones, but if not you can get the codes you need to unlock a BlackBerry cell phone from third party online vendors. They look up database entries for unique phones using IMEI numbers for a small charge then email you the codes.
Unlock.my is one of the few trusted providers of BlackBerry codes, so you can buy with peace of mind
Whether you were able to get free codes for unlocking the mobile phones or had to buy the codes, once you have the codes and your unassociated SIM card, you’re ready to start phone unlocking. Unlocking can sometimes be a long and difficult process in the following steps we try and simplify that and give you a clear and concise how-to guide:
1. Power off your phone.
2. Take out your existing SIM card, and put in the new, unassociated SIM card.
3. Power on your phone.
4. Press the Settings button.
5. Click on Manage Connections then click on Turn All Connections Off.
6. Press the End Call button.
7. You should still be in the Settings menu. If not, press the Settings button again.
8. Click on Options then click on Mobile Network. If you are asked whether you want the phone to automatically select a CDMA or GSM network based on availability, choose No. If the setting to switch your technology to Global is not selected, select it now.
9. Click the Back button.
10. Click on Advanced Options. Select SIM Card.
11. Press the Settings button.
12. Click on Show Keyboard.
13. Type mep2. If that does not produce results then type mepp2.
14. When asked, enter the unlock code you were given. It will not be displayed on the screen so make sure you are entering the code correctly. (If the phone says you got a Code Error and have 10 remaining attempts to correctly enter the code, just ignore it.)
15. Press Enter. The phone will acknowledge with Code Accepted.
16. Turn the phone off and remove the battery.
17. Reinsert the batter and turn the phone on.
18. Press the Settings button.
19. Click on Options, click on Mobile Network, and set the Network Technology value to GSM/UMTS.
20. Press the Back button.
21. Press the End Call button.
Your BlackBerry Storm 2 is now unlocked, and ready to use any GSM network in the world.
Unlock calls from unlock.my are safe and won’t harm your phone. You can buy from us with peace of mind because we guarantee that if we are unable to unlock your phone we will give you all of your money back.