In this tutorial we sure you how to unlock your blackberry storm. The BlackBerry Storm is designed to work on a CDMA network in North America, and GSM networks in Asia, Brazil, Europe, and Oceania. If you unlock the BlackBerry cell phone so that it can work on any GSM network in North America, it will work more slowly because it lacks the correct protocols for higher speed connections.
You can get free codes for unlocking the mobile phones by explaining to your carrier that you wish to travel out of the country. Because the process to unlock a BlackBerry cell phone is more complex than the process used to unlock other brands of cell phones, you may wish to stop into your carrier’s store and have them perform the phone unlocking for you.
If you do not have access to the free codes for unlocking mobile phones, don’t worry. You can always purchase a SIM card from a different phone carrier and buy the correct unlock codes from a third party vendor.
Make sure to use an official unlock called as anything else can brick your phone which means you can never use it again
Once you receive the new SIM card and unlock codes, you can unlock your BlackBerry Storm by following these steps.
1. Power off your phone.
2. Remove your existing SIM card, and replace it with the new SIM card for a carrier other than the one which is your current carrier.
3. Power on your phone.
4. Press the Settings button.
5. Click on Manage Connections then click on Turn All Connections Off.
6. Press the End Call button.
7. You should still be in the Settings menu. If not, press the Settings button again.
8. Click on Options then click on Mobile Network. If you are asked whether you want the phone to automatically select a CDMA or GSM network based on availability, choose No. If the setting to switch your technology to Global is not selected, select it now.
9. Click the Back button.
10. Click on Advanced Options. Select SIM Card.
11. Press the Settings button.
12. Click on Show Keyboard.
13. Type mep2. If that does not produce results then type mepp2.
14. When asked, enter the unlock code you were given. It will not be displayed on the screen so make sure you are entering the code correctly. Note that some phones will give you a Code Error and say you have 10 remaining attempts to correctly enter the code. This is a programming error in the phone, and can be disregarded. If you get a Code Error and the number of remaining attempts is less than 10, and you entered the code correctly, stop. You have an invalid code.
15. Press Enter. The phone will acknowledge with Code Accepted.
16. Turn the phone off and remove the battery.
17. Reinsert the batter and turn the phone on.
18. Press the Settings button.
19. Click on Options, click on Mobile Network, and set the Network Technology value to GSM/UMTS.
20. Press the Back button.
21. Press the End Call button.
That’s all there is to phone unlocking!
Unlock your phone with the experts, choose unlock.my
Join tens of thousands of other BlackBerry customers who have unlocked their phone with unlock.my and used a verified authorised unlocking called which has come from the phone manufacturer. These calls are guaranteed to unlock your phone first time round and won’t have any effect on your warranty. So why choose anybody else when you can choose the experts.